SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 5 June 2017

Terminus (Marc Furmie, 2015)

Terminus (2015) Poster

Cast: Jai Koutrae, Kendra Appleton, Todd Lasance, Bren Foster, Williams Emmons

Summary: Following a near-fatal accident, David Chamberlain makes an unprecedented discovery that will not only determine the fate of his family, but of mankind.

Genre: Sci-fi, Drama

Watched: January 3rd, 2017


I added this film to my Netflix watchlist a few months before I actually watched it. The only reason I kept skipping past was because the preview images made it look like an incredibly cheaply made film with bad special effects, and I couldn't help but think it was going to be like Timeshifters.

But as they say, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I decided to give the film a chance when I was trying to reduce the amount of films in my watchlist and I have to say those preview shots aren't 100% accurate.

The film tells the story of David (Jai Koutrae), a widowed mechanic, his daughter Annabelle (Kendra Appleton), who is forced to return home from college after her father payments are rejected and Zach (Todd Lasance), a local war veteran who is missing a leg.
After a night of drinking, David finds himself in an almost fatal car accident after witnessing what looks like a meteor crashing to earth. The meteor is actually a mysterious object that has incredibly miraculous healing abilities that are discovered when David grows back the kidney he donated to his dying wife.

To really make this a sci-fi movie, of course there are some government agents involved in the retrieval of the mysterious object, through what seems like any means necessary.
Terminus (2015) Still I wasn't expecting much to be honest but the film wasn't actually as bad as I thought it was going to be. It definitely has it problems, mainly the acting, especially when it came to Bren Foster who plays Agent Stipe. The rest of the acting was actually quite good.
I definitely have to give all the actors extra praise for the brilliant American accents (the film was made in Australia with Australian actors!)

The story was a bit predictable at times and there were also times when the story felt bit confusing. It took me a few minutes to get into the film because I didn't really understand what was happening at the beginning.

The special effects were absolutely brilliant! The scene with the leg (if you've seen it, you know the one I mean) is absolutely brilliant and terrifying at the same time.


Post a Comment