SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 4 March 2017

He Never Died (Jason Krawczyk, 2015)


Cast: Henry Rollins, Booboo Stewart, Kate Greenhouse, Jordan Todosey

Summary: Jack, a social outcast, is thrust out of his comfort zone when the outside world bangs on his door and he can't contain his violent past.

Genre: Fantasy, Comedy, Horror

Watched: November 30th, 2016


I really enjoyed this film, it definitely turned out to be much better than I thought it was going to be.

I honestly wasn't expecting much after seeing the poster (never judge a book by its cover I know) because it reminded me of the film Legion (2010), which I liked but I know isn't really that good.

Henry Rollins is brilliant as Jack, the mysterious man no one seems to know anything about.
We soon learn that he has two suspicious scars on his back, goes to church, plays bingo (because it's something to do), goes to the same diner where he always has oatmeal and hot tea and has been alive for a very, very long time.

Just how long he has been alive, no one knows.

To be honest I found that I for the majority of the film I wasn't actually thinking about how long he had been alive or more about who he is. Even when his big secret is revealed Rollins does it in such a casual way that I thought okay I believe him and didn't need any in-depth explanations.

It's definitely a film I would recommend and watch again and again.


Rating: 8/10
One Final Word: Very Good

Post a Comment