SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 13 February 2017

Film | 12 Documentaries to Watch on Netflix Right Now

I haven't set myself any goals this year (after 2 years I thought it was time to take another break) but I said to myself that I want to watch more TV shows and documentaries this year.

So I've made a list of some of I've seen and some that I really want to watch this year. Out of the 5 here that I have already seen I would recommend My Beautiful Broken Brain (2014), Blackfish (2013) and Dreams of a Life (2011).

Unfortunately for us Brits, Dear Zachary is only available in the US and Canada. I read about this story a few years back and I've wanted to watch this ever since, so I think I may have to buy the DVD instead.
West of Memphis (2012) - An examination of a failure of justice in the case against the West Memphis Three.

Shenandoah (2012) - A documentary on the hate crime assault and subsequent death of a Latino man in Shenandoah Pennsylvania, including the alleged cover-up and shocking court verdicts.

My Beautiful Broken Brain (2014) - 34 year old Lotje Sodderland's personal voyage into the complexity, fragility and wonder of her own brain following a life changing haemorrhagic stroke.

Team Foxcatcher (2016) - Filmmaker Jon Greenhalgh examines the life of Dave Schultz, a professional wrestler who was part of Team Foxcatcher, funded by philanthropist John E du Pont.

Blackfish (2013) - A documentary following the controversial captivity of killer whales, and its dangers for both humans and whales.

Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey (2011) - The Muppet Elmo is one of the most beloved characters among children across the globe. Meet the unlikely man behind the puppet - the heart and soul of Elmo - Kevin Clash.

The Witness (2015) - The brother of Kitty Genovese investigates the circumstances of her murder and the truth of the story that dozens of locals witnessed the crime and did nothing to intervene.

Twinsters (2015) - Adopted from South Korea, raised on different continents & connected through social media, Samantha & Anaïs believe that they are twin sisters separated at birth.

Tyke Elephant Outlaw (2015) - This is the gripping and emotionally charged story of Tyke, a circus elephant that went on a rampage in Honolulu in 1994, killed her trainer in front of thousands of spectators and died in a hail of gunfire.

Tabloid (2010) - A documentary on a former Miss Wyoming who is charged with abducting and imprisoning a young Mormon Missionary.

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father (2008) - A filmmaker decides to memorialize a murdered friend when his friend's ex-girlfriend announces she is expecting his son.

Dreams of a Life (2011) - A filmmaker sets out to discover the life of Joyce Vincent, who died in her bedsit in North London in 2003. Her body wasn't discovered for three years, and newspaper reports offered few details of her life - not even a photograph.

Post a Comment