SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 19 January 2017

The Accountant (Gavin O'Connor, 2016)

The Accountant (2016) Poster

Cast: Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick, J.k. Simmons, Jon Bernthal, Cynthia Addai-Robinson

Summary: As a math savant uncooks the books for a new client, the Treasury Department closes in on his activities and the body count starts to rise.

Genre: Crime, Action

Watched: November 4th, 2016


I had absolutely no intention of watching this film when I first saw the trailer.
It looked incredibly boring, nothing that I would want to waste money on watching in the cinema. Then one of my closest friends asked if anyone wanted to go to the cinema and that she wanted to watch The Accountant.

I decided to go purely because I wanted to see my friend and I'm very happy to say I was absolutely, 100% wrong. This film is absolutely brilliant and I would 100% recommend going to see it.

I've only seen Ben Affleck in probably 3 films one being the awful Daredevil (2003), but I've never really thought much of his acting. I haven't seen Batman vs Superman, I'm not the biggest Batman fan although I have seen the Christian Bale ones, this one just didn't interest me at all.
I know he's also written and directed quite a few movies that people have raved about like Gone Baby Gone (2007), The Town (2010) and Argo (2012) (I haven't seen any of these either).
The Accountant (2016) Still

Affleck does an absolutely fantastic job and it definitely makes me want to watch more of his films. I also really enjoyed Anna Kendrick's performance, I've liked her ever since her small part in Twilight (2008). The cast as a whole is incredibly good.

I absolutely loved the story! I was able to guess one of the twists long before it was revealed, but the final twist definitely shocked me. For myself and probably most people that have seen it, it was definitely one we didn't see coming.
I did get a little confused at the very beginning trying to figure out which if the children was Christian and it found it a bit long in places, but no so much that I lost interest.

This film is 100% worth a watch, it's so good to watch a film that answers almost if not all questions that come up. The trailer absolutely does not do it any justice at all.


Rating: 10/10
One Final Word: EXCELLENT!

Post a Comment