SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 13 January 2017

Frozen (Adam Green, 2010)

Frozen (2010) Poster

Cast: Emma Bell, Shawn Ashmore, Kevin Zegers

Summary: Three skiers stranded on a chairlift are forced to make life-or-death choices which prove more perilous than staying put and freezing to death.

Genre: Thriller

Watched: November 9th, 2016


Although the description sounded interesting when I first read it, it also sounded as though the film was going to be quite slow paced and a little boring.
It turns out that it definitely wasn't as slow as I thought it was going to be and I ended up really enjoying it.

I did struggle with the first few scenes. I found that I wasn't very interested in the 3 characters, who they were or what they were doing and it was only just before the trio are left stranded is when my interest began to grow. I think this was mainly because there are a couple of moments that clue you into what's going to happen to the trio.

For me the film really comes into its own when the trio are left stranded on the ski lift.
The trio at first think it's a joke until the lights of the resort are turned off, only then do the trio begin to panic as they know that the slopes will be closed for the next week.
Frozen (2010) Still
Knowing that they won't survive the trio try to come up with a plan to save themselves.
I really enjoyed the performances from all 3 actors but the stand out for me is Emma Bell who plays Parker, although there are a few iffy moments overall she does a fantastic job.

There's a moment shortly after realising they've been left suspended on the ski-lift where Parker begins to panic and she reveals her worries about what will happen to her puppy if she dies on the lift and he thinks that she has abandoned him.

It probably seems kind of ridiculous to some people that she is more worried about her pet at home then she is about being stranded 50 feet above the ground with absolutely nobody around. I think it makes everything seems a little bit more real because you never know how you would react in a similar situation, and I think there are probably a few people who would end up having this thought in a similar situation.

This is definitely a film I would recommend and one that I would happily watch again.


Post a Comment