SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 1 October 2016

Exticntion (Miguel Ángel Vivas, 2015)


Cast: Matthew Fow, Jeremy Donovan, Quinn McColganas, Valeria Vereau, Alex Hafner, Clara Lago

Summary: And suddenly, overnight, the world came to a halt. Two men, two survivors, one kid, and hatred that separates them. A place forgotten by everyone, including the creatures that inhabit the Earth... until now.

Genre: Sci-fi, Horror, Drama

Watched: August 21st, 2016


I added this film to my Netflix watchlist after the poster caught my eye, I read the description and it sounded like something I would like.

I really enjoyed the opening scene of the zombie attack, it's something that I'm sure has been seen in countless films but I still love the way it's done here.
Unfortunately things start to go a little bit downhill from here, nothing to dramatic but I personally don't think that the rest of the film is as good as the opening sequence.

I was a bit confused at one point because I didn't understand what had happened between the two friends and on top of that, it took me a while to realise that neighbour Patrick was the same Patrick from the opening scene.
Personally I think that the length of time it takes before we learn about the ex-friends past is a little bit too long; things may have been a lot clearer the earlier it was brought in.
Extinction (2015) Still
The majority of the film is spent dealing more with Jack, Lu and their neighbour Patrick then with the zombies; they do get their last chance at stardom in the final fight, but I don't they're showcased as much as they could have been.

All in all it was a good films, despite a few problems I would definitely give it another watch.


Rating: 7/10
One Final Word: Good

Post a Comment