SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 28 September 2016

3 1/2 Minutes, 10 Bullets (Marc Silver, 2015)


Stars: Lucia McBath, Ron Davis

Summary: Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving November 2012, four boys in a red SUV pull into a gas station after spending time at the mall buying sneakers and talking to girls. With music blaring, one boy exits the car and enters the store, a quick stop for a soda and a pack of gum. A man and a woman pull up next to the boys in the station, making a stop for a bottle of wine. The woman enters the store and an argument breaks out when the driver of the second car asks the boys to turn the music down. 3 1/2 minutes and ten bullets later, one of the boys is dead.

Genre: Documentary

Watched: July 10th, 2016


This is one incredible watch, even more so since I happened to watch it a few days after the shootings of two black men by police in America and after the mass shooting of police officers in Dallas.

I didn't want to watch this at first, not so much because it's a documentary but more so because of what it is about. I didn't think I would like it at all. I've seen a few documentaries/films in the past where the subject would make me so angry; I would turn it off because I couldn’t bare to watch anymore of it.

However; I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed this. It was incredibly sad (and a little hard for me to watch at times), hearing from not only Jordan's parents but also his friends who were with him the night that he died.
I loved getting to watch snippets of the trial but I wish we had been able to see more of the trial itself.


Rating: 9/10
One Final Word: Incredible!

Post a Comment