SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 27 June 2016

Twinsters (Samantha Futerman and Ryan Miyamoto, 2015)

Twinsters (2015) Poster

Cast: Anaïs Bordier, Samantha Futerman, Kanoa Goo

Summary: Adopted from South Korea, raised on different continents & connected through social media, Samantha & Anaïs believe that they are twin sisters separated at birth.

Genre: Documentary

Watched: May 14th, 2016


I remember hearing about this story on the news a few years ago. I mentioned in my review of My Beautiful Broken Brain that I'm not a big documentary watcher, so it took me a good few months before I actually got round to watching this.

I thoroughly enjoyed this documentary. It's such a crazy story, you would never think that something like this could happen.

I'm sure we've all heard stories about siblings separated at birth, but I for one have never heard of twins being separated at birth, not only that but then to discover them via YouTube is absolutely crazy.

I love that you can instantly see a connection between the two before they even have DNA proof that they are indeed twins.
I love how both their families seem to instantly accept and embrace the other twin, no questions asked. Not only have they gained a sister but they have also gained brothers, parents and grandparents.

I think this documentary is extremely well made, so much so it makes me want to see what happens in their lives next.


Rating: 8/10

Post a Comment