SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 20 March 2016

The Last Witch Hunter (Breck Eisner, 2015)

The Last Witch Hunter (2015) Poster

Cast: Vin Diesel, Rose Leslie, Elijah Wood, Michael Caine and Julie Engelbrecht

Summary: The last witch hunter is all that stands between humanity and the combined forces of the most horrifying witches in history.

Genre: Fantasy, Action, Adventure

Watched: February 14th, 2016


I had heard a little about this film but I wasn’t really interested in seeing it until Jonathan Joly (I'm a massive Sacconejoly fan!) posted this video on How To Become a Witch Hunter ft. Vin Diesel.
Yes, that's right people he made a video with Vin Diesel, and it was only after hearing about this that I thought I definitely had to watch the film.

Now I'll start off by saying that the film wasn’t awful, I did enjoy quite a bit of it but overall I just found it a little disappointing. I think it could have been much, much better.

I wasn’t super keen on Vin Diesel in this film, I found some of his acting a little dodgy at times. I also wasn't sure about Rose Leslie or Elijah Wood, I’m not too sure what it was but something about their performance just seemed a little off.
I just found the whole story a little confusing; I felt as though I had missed part of the story.
The Last Witch Hunter (2015) Still Like I said the film wasn’t terrible, I did enjoy it, but it felt as though it was lacking something. I remember looking over at my Dad when the film had finished and saying that there wasn’t anything super exciting about it.

I think one of the reasons I was disappointed is because I really, really like Vin Diesel and I had just seen Pitch Black which was so, so good.


Rating: 5/10

Post a Comment