SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 20 February 2016

Teeth (Mitchell Lichtenstein, 2007)


Teeth (2007) Poster

Cast: Jess Weixler, Hale Appleman, John Hensley, Lenny Von Dohlen, John Pais

Summary: Still a stranger to her own body, a high school student discovers she has a physical advantage when she becomes the object of male violence.

Genre: Black Comedy, Horror


"That's what the ring is all about. The way it wraps around your finger - that's to remind you to keep your gift wrapped. Wrapped...until the day...you trade it in for that other ring. That gold ring"


I'd heard about this film from some of my friends back when I was in school so I thought I had a pretty good idea of what this film was going to be about, but it was after around maybe five minutes when I started thinking "what is this nonsense?".

After about 20 minutes I actually started to get into the film and I ended up really enjoying it. Everything I thought I knew about the film was completely wrong, I actually thought it was going to be this intensely dark horror film, but it turns out to be more dark humour then horror.

I really enjoyed how the students have a whole discussion on how its fine to show a penis in a sexual education book but it isn't okay for a vagina to be shown (which I thought was pretty outrageous). It also made me think of the whole argument of why it's okay for men to walk around topless but it isn't okay for women to do the same.

All in all, I think it's a pretty decent film.


Rating: 7/10
One Final Word: Very Good

Post a Comment