SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 21 June 2014

Contagion (Steven Soderbergh, 2011)

Contagion (2011) Poster

Cast: Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Laurence Fishburne, Marion Cotillard, Gwyneth Paltrow and Bryan Cranston

Summary: Healthcare professionals, government officials and everyday people find themselves in the midst of a worldwide epidemic as the CDC works to find a cure.

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi


I had been wanting to watch Contagion for a while but as usual I never got round to it, until I went to visit one of my friends who just happened to have two copies of the dvd lying around one of which she gave me!

Whenever I watch films about the spread of viruses, or films like The Day After Tomorrow (2004) I always think about what I would do to survive and this was definitely one of those films.

This film tells the story of a surface transmitted disease that makes you question your own personal habits, more specifically what you do with your hands. How many times a day you touch your face? I'm pretty sure the majority of people don't know the answer, I know I don't but I'm going to guess it's a lot, it’s a natural habit that we do unconsciously

Contagion is another one of these films much like Carriers (2009) where the spread of panic is almost as bad, sometimes even worse than the spread of the actual disease itself.
Contagion (2011) Still
This film has quite an ensemble cast and for me it feels as though most of the characters aren’t really explored, you get a small glimpse of them and that’s pretty much it. For me it feels like maybe the most explored is Jude Law’s character Alan Krumwiede, the almost villain who campaigns to get people to forgo the vaccinations in favour of his herbal remedy.

And another note- I think this poster’s very cool, I love the way the title is spelled out.

Have you seen Contagion? What did you think?


My Rating: 8/10

Post a Comment