SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Pandorum (Christian Alvart, 2009)

pandorum 209 poster

Cast: Dennis Quaid, Ben Foster, Cam Gigandet, Antje Traue, Norman Reedus, Cung Le, Eddie Rouse

Summary: A pair of crew members aboard a spaceship wake up with no knowledge of their mission or their identities, or what the noises coming from the belly of the ship could be.

Genre: Horror, Sci-Fi


When I bought this DVD I didn’t bother reading the back because I thought the front looked interesting, so when I started watching the film I was hoping it wouldn’t just be about Bower (Ben Foster) searching for people.

I actually really enjoyed this film, even with the couple of scares it gave me. There were times when the story reminded me of Danny Boyle's Sunshine and a little of Niell Blomkamp's Elysium, which is a bit weird as the spaceship the crew are on is also called Elysium. Actually the film seems like a bit of a mish mash of quite a few sci-fi films.
Pandorum (2009) Still
For me the biggest let down is a bit of an odd one, but I felt like for the large majority of the time it was difficult to make out what was happening because it was so dark. Also the ending could’ve been better, but it’s still worth a watch.

Overall I thought this film was really good, the pace was good, some of the characters were really good (Payton, Bower and Gallo in particular) and the acting wasn't too bad either.


My Rating: 6/10
One Final Word: Good

Post a Comment