SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 11 August 2013

Skyline (Colin and Greg Strause, 2011)

skyline movie poster

Cast: Eric Balfour, Scottie Thompson, David Zayas, Donald Faison, Brittany Daniel

Summary: The residents of Los Angeles are awakened in the dead of night by an eerie light beaming through the window. Like moths to a flame, the light source is drawing people outside before they vanish into thin air.

Genre: Sci-Fi, Thriller

I first watched this back in December 2010 on Christmas Day with my mum, dad, sister and grandad, so I have to start off by saying this is definitely a film for the family, although some scenes maybe not for young children.

The film starts straight away with the first scene showing us the start of the real action before it jumps back a few hours to show us how we got to that point. I liked that it doesn't start in the typical way and leave me thinking when is the action going to start, plus it only takes around 20 minutes before we get back to the opening scene so things get back on track pretty quickly.
I did think it was a little bit strange at first that you don't really get to know the characters throughout the film, but then again I suppose our focus is meant to be on Jared (Eric Balfour) and Elaine (Scottie Thompson) as they are who the story really follows. Eric Balfour might I add, is quite the looker.
Skyline (2010) Still
I loved the story it's really easy to follow and there are definitely a couple of shocks with unexpected events, things that you did NOT see coming (well for me anyway). Plus despite not knowing much about Jared and Elaine you do end up getting quite attached to them. As usual I have to say a few words about the special effects as for me they're important and these deserve an A+, that end sequence gets me everytime.


My Rating: 9/10
One Final Word: EXCELLENT!

Post a Comment