SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 29 August 2013

Mirrors (Alexandre Aja, 2008)

Mirrors (2008)

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland, Paula Patton, Amy Smart, Jason Flemyng and Ezra Buzzington

Summary An ex-cop and his family become the targets of a mysterious evil force that is using mirrors as a gateway into their home.

Genre: Horror, Thriller, Mystery


The first time I watched this film I wasn't too sure if I liked it or not because as we all know I'm not one for horror films, although suprisingly I'm not too bad with gory horror films.

Like I expected Mirrors totally freaked me out so watching it again at night probably wasn't my bestest idea ever and it's definitely safe to say that I totally thought twice about looking in any of the mirrors in my house the next morning.

I love, love, love Kiefer Sutherland and I have done ever since I first watched Stand By Me (1986), and I think he does a pretty good job in this film.

However I did find that the storyline was a little hard to follow at times (which is part of the reason why I had to watch it twice). I think starts off really well and it was easeir to follow the second time round but there were definaitely parts that I thought could have been better.
Mirrors (2008) Still
Again we all know I love a good special effect and this film definitely has some brilliant effects that leave you wondering how they did it.


My Rating: 6/10
One Final Word: Great

Post a Comment