SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 16 March 2013

The Thing (Matthijs Van Heijningen Jr., 2011)

the thing 2011 poster

Cast: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Joel Edgerton, Ulrich Thomsen, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Eric Christian Olsen

Summary: At an Antarctica research site after Norwegian researchers discover an alien craft buried in the ice, paranoia spreads like wildfire among the crew as they fight to survive against a insidious creature that goes on the attack.

Genre: Sci-Fi, Horror, Mystery


I think I should start off by saying that I hadn't actually seen John Carpenter's The Thing (1982) when I first watched this. Yes I know what you're thinking, how can you watch the prequel without having seen the original or even are you really a film student?!

Because I hadn't seen the original I had absolutely no idea what the story was about. I know I probably should have watched the original one first (because that's what most normal people do) but I didn't think it would be that much of a big deal.
the thing 2011 still
I really enjoyed this film (I've already had a few people disagree with me) the first time I watched it, and to be honest now that I have seen the original I don't think it really matters what order you watch the film. Most people will probably tell you that the original has to be watched before the prequel, one because it's the original and secondly because the prequel was made to answer those left over questions from the first film.


My Rating: 7/10
One Final Word: Very Good

Post a Comment