SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 10 January 2013

Reflection

Yey!! Finally both essays have been submitted but I feel awful about them (so no change there then), now I have a bit of time to relax and get some more posts sorted out.

I'm crazy happy with my blog now. After 3 years of blogging over 100 posts, I've finally gained 4 whole followers (yey me), although there could be more (I'm not quite sure how that feedburner thing actually works). I've finally had over 1000 views, it actually probably way below that because until sometime last year I didn't realise it was tracking my own views.

I don't know what I was thinking 100 posts ago or even 50 posts, I was just writing my thoughts on the films I watched and that's all. I didn't really know about following other blogs and I didn't read any other blogs. I just thought that if I wrote a post people would come running. I feel like part of the reason I lost interest in blogging was because I wasn't getting any results, I wasn't commenting on other blogs, I wasn't advertising my blog. I wasn't doing much really.

I probably started following blogs around April of last year and reading them made me realise that I wasn't really happy with what I was doing and in May I decided to take a break. I'm glad I did because it gave me the chance to figure out what I wanted to achieve (and time to redesign my blog look) and I'm getting there. There are still some things I want to do like fashion but I don't think I'll use this blog for that and I would love to do giveaways, if I had anything to giveaway, but I'll see where things take me.



So Happy belated 3rd Birthday to The Movie Life Of JP!!
http://www.52kitchenadventures.com/2013/01/05/homemade-funfetti-cupcakes-2/



Have you made any changes?

J x

2 comments :

  1. Congratulations!
    Nice blog you have dear ♥
    Check out mine sometime if you'd like ♥
    AIMEROSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting your essays submitted - time to breathe! Looking forward to a weeks time after my exams where I can have a whole week off! Glad you see you've found your niche in blogging! xx

    ReplyDelete