SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 3 July 2011

Transformers: Dark of The Moon (Michael Bay, 2011)

transformers dark of the moon 2011 poster

Cast: Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, John Tuturro, Josh Duhamel, Kevin Dunn, Julie White and Tyrese Gibson

Summary: The Autobots learn of a Cybertronian spacecraft hidden on the Moon, and race against the Decepticons to reach it and to learn its secrets

Genre: Action Sci-Fi, Adventure


I absolutely loved the first Transformers (2007) it was unique and definitely one of a kind. I even liked Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) although I did get confused with all the robots and who was who.

This is the third film in the series and I have to say I liked this one as well; however there were a few things that I didn't like about the film.

Firstly the film felt a little too long and after some of the fights I found myself hoping the film was getting ready to finish.

Secondly I wasn't that keen with the addition of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. I wasn't that big a fan of Megan Fox in the first two films; but I felt like this film just became about Sam and his relationship with Carly, rather than being about him helping the Transformers in their battle to survive and protect the human race from the Decepticons.
transformers dark of the moon 2011 still
Thirdly (this has to be my biggest hate of the film) let's talk about the demise of Megatron. I didn't understand how Megatron went form this pretty much unkillable character, to being this incredibly weak robot. The leader of the Decepticons hates humans, has no problems with killing them and even flicks them away like their insects. Yet little old Carly is able to calmly walk up to him and give him a piece of her mind.

Like really? Who is this girl, does she even know who he is?


My Rating: 7/10
One Final Word: Very Good

Post a Comment