SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 24 May 2011

The Hurt Locker (Kathryn Bigelow, 2008)

the hurt locker 2009 poster

Cast: Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackie, Brian Geraghty, Guy Pearce, Ralph Fiennes, Evangeling Lilly

Summary: Iraq. Forced to play a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse in the chaos of war, an elite Army bomb squad unit must come together in a city where everyone is a potential enemy and every object could be a deadly bomb

Genre: Drama, Thriller, War


This was the very last film that I studied in my A-Level film class, and I thought that it was very good and well deserving of the Oscar it won against Avatar.

Even though quite a few of the actors are quite famous, I really liked the fact that some of them to me were unrecognizable, for me it made the film just that little bit better.
I love the use of the shaky hand held camera shots because it gives the film that documentary look and feel and I love how there isn't much of a soundtrack and that the majority of the sound comes from within the film.



My Rating: 9/10
One Final Word: Very Good

Post a Comment