SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 7 April 2011

The Brave One (Neil Jordan, 2007)

the brave one 2007 poster
Cast: Jodie Foster, Terrence Howard, Naveen Andrews, Nicky Katt

Summary: A woman struggles to recover from a brutal attack by setting out on a mission for revenge.

Genre: Crime. Thriller, Drama


Like most reviews I'm going to start off by saying that I thoroughly enjoyed this film. I can normally watch films with acts of extreme violence but the opening attack scene is one I struggled with. Don't get me wrong the scene is done fantastically but I struggled because it is an extremely aggressive, unprovoked, random, cruel and vicious attack forever changing the lives of those it involves.
I couldn’t actually bring myself to watch the whole thing so I skipped most of it.

I absoluely loved Jodie Foster in this role, I truly felt for her character Erica Bain and the pain she was going through. Everyone deals with their grief in different ways and although her way is just a tad bit extreme she does what she feels she has to do.
I'm actually quite a fan of Miss Foster Panic Room and Flight Plan are two of my favourite films.

I think the thing I loved most about the film is the understanding/relationship that develops between Erica and Detective Mercer played by Terrence Howard (who I think is pretty hot). Had the attack not happened they most likely would never have met, the chemistry between them is unmistakable and I like to think that after everything that's happend they will always be there for each other.


My Rating- 10/10
One Final Word- Excellent

Post a Comment