SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 19 March 2011

The Losers (Sylvain White, 2010)

the losers poster

Cast: Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Zoe Saldana, Chris Evans, Idris Elba, Columbus Short

Summary:  The members of an elite Special Forces unit are sent to the Bolivian Jungle on a search and destroy mission, but the team soon find that they have become the target of a deadly double cross by a powerful enemy.

Genre: Action, Crime


I'm a big fan of films based on comic books (despite having never read things like Batman or Spiderman) and films that have a sort of comic book style. This film definitely has that comic book style and look that I love, from the introduction of the 5 guys, whenever they enter a new city, to the closing credits (the DVD even comes with its own little comic book.)

The Losers (2010) Still
Even though the film is about a close knit group of guys (and one girl) you don't really get to know the characters well if at all, we only know from the opening scenes that they have been betrayed. Even so I still found myself drawn towards the characters Jensen (Chris Evans) and Pooch (Columbus Short) because I always loved them and because I think they're the funniest characters.
I feel like Zoe Saldana is a bit out of place in this role, something about her just doesn't sit right with me but she does an okay job and Idris Elba's American accent is a bit distracting.

Some parts of the story seem a unbelievable like the whole business involving the snukes (unless they're actually real but I highly doubt it), characters aren't explored and some don't entirely fit, but I'd say it's worth a watch.


My Rating: 6.5 out of 10
Perfect for: Comic Book Lovers
One Final Word: Quite Good

Post a Comment