SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 21 February 2011

The Book Of Eli (The Hughes Brothers, 2009)


Cast: Denzel Washington, Mila Kunis, Gary Oldman, Ray Stevenson, Jennifer Beals

Summary: Eli walks alone in post-apocalyptic America. He heads West along the highway of Death on a mission he doesn’t fully understand but knows he must complete. In his backpack is the last copy of a book that could become the wellspring of a revived society. Or in the wrong hands, the hammer of a despot.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama

I absolutely loved this film but I don't want to say too much about it because I really don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it!

Unfortunately I already knew what the twist was before I had even seen the film (the downside of coming from a family of film lovers with big mouths). Despite this I was still able to enjoy the film because I didn't know much else about it or how to twist was revealed.

Denzel Washington is fabulous as Eli, I believed everything he talked about, including walking the earth for 30 years in order to complete his mission.

I think the big reveal was really well done, even thought I knew what it was, I have to say I was still a little bit shocked when it all came out into the open.
I found myself looking back and thinking but then how did they do this or how did that happen, as there were absolutely no visual sign to reveal what the twist was

This post is a little cryptic because I don't want to give too much away, I may come back to it again another time and redo it with spoilers.


Have you seen The Book of Eli? What Did You Think?



My Rating: 9/10
One Final Word: Wasn’t expecting that!

Post a Comment