SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Family Plot (Alfred Hitchcock, 1976)


Cast: Karen Black, Bruce Dern, Barbara Harris, William Devane, Cathleen Nesbitt

Summary: A phony psychic/con artist and her taxi driver/private investigator boyfriend encounter a pair of serial kidnappers while trailing a missing heir in California.

Genre: Thriller, Comedy


I believe I'm right in saying that this is Alfred Hitchcock's last film and it certainly is very different to his other films.

There were times where I found myself forgetting I was watching a Hitchcock film, although there are still a few typical Hitchcock shots and that Hitchcock thriller feel, the film definitely has a lot more comedic elements to it.

Some people probably won't agree but personally I think this film is really good, I thoroughly enjoyed it and it's definitely one of my favourite Hitchcock films, along with Rebecca (1940).


My Rating: 6/10
One Final Word: Very Good

Post a Comment