SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 13 February 2010

Sherlock Holmes (Guy Ritchie, 2009)


Cast: Robert Downey Jr, Jude Law, Rachel McAdams, Mark Strong, Eddie Marsan, Kelly Reilly

Summary: Detective Sherlock Holmes and his partner Watson engage in a battle of wits and brawn against a nemesis whose plot is a threat to all of England.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Crime


Let's start off by saying that I absolutely loved this film. I don't know the ins and outs of the character Sherlock Holmes and I've never read any books, I do enjoy watching the TV show The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes so I knew I would definitely like this film.

I thought that the roles of Sherlock and Watson were played incredibly well by Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law. The chemistry between them is totally believable, to me they come across as brothers rather then just colleagues or friends.

My absolute favourite scenes are the two where Sherlock is shown fighting an opponent in slow motion while he explains what he is going to do and what the damage will be, before the scene goes back to the beginning and we're shown the fight in full speed.


My Rating: 10/10
One Final Word: EXCELLENT

Post a Comment